Medicare Supplement Plan B offers the basic services standardized by Medicare along with a few other benefits that go above and beyond those offered by Medicare Supplement Plan A.
Medicare Supplement Plan B in Colorado offers a few benefits including paying for Medicare Part A deductible and Part B Coinsurance. Similar to Supplement Plan A, the premium for Supplement Plan B is lower than most plans, but does not cover as many costs as the other Supplement plans. For instance, Plan B does not cover your cost for Skilled Nursing facility co-insurance.
Medicare Supplement Plan B includes the following benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospitalization in addition to coverage for one additional year after Medicare benefits end
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for medical expenses — usually 20% of Medicare-approved expenses — or co-payments for outpatient services
- The first three pints of blood you receive as a hospital inpatient or outpatient (whereas original Medicare typically covers any pints of blood you receive after the first three)
Do You Need a Licensed Health Agent?
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospice care
- Medicare Part B preventive care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
Medicare Supplement Plan B does not cover:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency coverage