Medicare Supplement Plan N is unique in that it covers 100% of Medicare Part B coinsurance costs, but requires you to pay $20 for office visits and $50 for emergency room visits. This system replaces the traditional coinsurance you would have with most other Supplement Plans.
When choosing a plan, keep in mind that under Supplement Plan N you would need to pay the Medicare Part B deductible and Part B excess charges out of pocket as Plan N does not cover these costs.
Medicare Supplement Plan N in Colorado includes the following benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospitalization in addition to coverage for one additional year after Medicare benefits end
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for medical expenses — usually 20% of Medicare-approved expenses — or co-payments for outpatient services (copay of $20 for office visits and $50 for emergency room visits)
- The first three pints of blood you receive as a hospital inpatient or outpatient (whereas original Medicare typically covers any pints of blood you receive after the first three)
Do You Need a Licensed Health Agent?
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospice care
- Medicare Part B preventive care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible (50%)
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency coverage
Medicare Supplement Plan N does not cover:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges