Colorado Supplement Plan M is very similar to Supplement Plan D; the only difference is Plan M covers only 50% of the Part A deductible whereas Plan D fully covers the Part A deductible.
Medicare Supplement Plan M includes the following benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospitalization in addition to coverage for one additional year after Medicare benefits end
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for medical expenses — usually 20% of Medicare-approved expenses — or co-payments for outpatient services
- The first three pints of blood you receive as a hospital inpatient or outpatient (whereas original Medicare typically covers any pints of blood you receive after the first three)
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospice care
- Medicare Part B preventive care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible (50%)
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency coverage
Do You Need a Licensed Health Agent?
Medicare Supplement Plan M does not cover:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges