Note – Plan Hi-F has been discontinued as of Jan 1, 2020. Those individuals currently enrolled in Plan HI-F as of Jan 1, 2020 will be able to keep their plan. If you were eligible for Medicare before January 1st, 2020, but not yet enrolled, you may still be able to buy this plan.
Medicare Supplement Plan Hi-F is offered in Colorado. It is related to Supplement Plan F as it offers the same benefits as the standard Plan F, with the only difference being you would need to pay all costs out of pocket for Medicare covered services until a certain deductible amount is reached.
Medicare Supplement Plan Hi-F includes the following benefits:
- 100% of Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospitalization in addition to coverage for one additional year after Medicare benefits end
- 100% of Medicare Part B coinsurance for medical expenses — usually 20% of Medicare-approved expenses — or co-payments for outpatient services
- The first three pints of blood you receive as a hospital inpatient or outpatient (whereas original Medicare typically covers any pints of blood you receive after the first three)
- 100% Medicare Part A coinsurance for hospice care
- 100% of Medicare Part B preventive care coinsurance
- 100% of Medicare Part A deductible
- 100% of Medicare Part B deductible
- 100% of Medicare Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- 80% of foreign travel emergency coverage